SUNDERLAND LODGE NO.4114

Sunderland Lodge No.4114 is a Lodge of Freemasons meeting at the Wearside Masonic Temple. The Lodge meets on the third Wednesday, September to May, usually commencing at 7:00pm. The Installation meeting is in November, usually commencing at 6:00pm.

The Lodge was formed in the years after the Great War, when men who had served in that war were looking for something to replace the camaraderie of the trenches.

The date of Sunderland Lodge's warrant is 11th May 1920 and the consecration took place on 21st July 1920. The founders of the Lodge were mostly from Londonderry Lodge No.2039 and Wearmouth Lodge No.2934, as well as St George's Lodge No.431 (Northumberland) and Boscombe Lodge No.2158 (Hampshire).

On the day of the Consecration in July 1920, the Festival was held in the Palatine Hotel, Sunderland. The menu consisted of Consommé Printanier, Salmon with Parsley Sauce, Sirloin of Beef served with Yorkshire Pudding, Potatoes and other seasonal vegetables, followed by Champagne jellies.

From 1920 to 1933, the Lodge met in the Masonic Hall, Park Terrace, Sunderland, but later transferred to what was then the new Wearside Masonic Temple.

In 1997, the Lodge was the first in the Province of Durham to have a website and has benefited greatly from it as it has attracted many new members. More information about Sunderland Lodge can be found at www.sunderlandlodge4114.weebly.com

Visiting brethren will be made most welcome and are advised to contact the Lodge Secretary in advance with regards to dining.

Function Room Booking: 07711 500 883

Burdon Road, Sunderland SR2 7DX, UK

©2017-2020 by Wearside Masonic Temple Ltd. All rights reserved. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this information, Wearside Masonic Temple Ltd cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.